2. DATA COLLECTED
If you register on our website, we store your chosen username and your email address and any additional personal information added to your user profile. You can see, edit, or delete your personal information at any time (except changing your username). Website administrators can also see and edit this information.
When you leave comments on the website we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
Information submitted through the contact form on our site is only kept for customer service purposes they are never used for marketing purposes or shared with third parties.
CASES FOR USING THE PERSONAL DATA
We use your personal information in the following cases:
- Verification/identification of the user during website usage;
- Providing Technical Assistance;
- Sending updates to our users with important information to inform about news/changes;
- Checking the accounts’ activity in order to prevent fraudulent transactions and ensure the security
- over our customers’ personal information;
- Customize the website to make your experience more personal and engaging;
- Guarantee overall performance and administrative functions run smoothly.
3. EMBEDDED CONTENT
Pages on this site may include embedded content, like YouTube videos, for example. Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if you visited the other website.
Cookies generally exist to make your browsing experience better. However, you may prefer to disable cookies on this site and on others. The most effective way to do this is to disable cookies in your browser. We suggest consulting the help section of your browser.
5. WHO HAS ACCESS TO YOUR DATAIf you are not a registered client for our site, there is no personal information we can retain or view regarding yourself. If you are a client with a registered account, your personal information can be accessed by:
- Our system administrators.
- Our supporters when they (in order to provide support) need to get the information about the client accounts and access.
6. E-MAIL INQUIRIES
Our website contains e-mail links that allow you to easily send an e-mail inquiry or feedback to Queerwell. When you use the e-mail links, your e-mail address and the subject of your inquiry are provided to the intended recipient to respond to your specific request only. To further assure protection of your privacy, we do not respond to e-mails about treatment issues or appointments.
7. LINKS TO OTHER SITES AND SERVICES
Queerwell is not responsible for the contents of any linked website, any link contained in a linked website or any changes or updates to such websites. We encourage you to read the privacy statements of each and every website that requests personal information from you.
8. SECURITY MEASURES
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. We use the SSL/HTTPS protocol throughout our site. This encrypts our user communications with the servers so that personal identifiable information is not captured/hijacked by third parties without authorization.
In case of a data breach, system administrators will immediately take all needed steps to ensure system integrity, will contact affected users and will attempt to reset passwords if needed.
9. YOUR DATA RIGHTS
If you have a registered account on this website or have left comments, you can request an exported file of the personal data we retain, including any additional data you have provided to us.
You can also request that we erase any of the personal data we have stored. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes. In short, we cannot erase data that is vital to you being an active customer (i.e. basic account information like an email address).
If you wish that all of your data is erased, we will no longer be able to offer any support or other product-related services to you.
10. THIRD PARTY WEBSITES
Queerwell may post links to third party websites on this website. These third party websites are not screened for privacy or security compliance by Queerwell, and you release us from any liability for the conduct of these third party websites.
All social media sharing links, either displayed as text links or social media icons do not connect you to any of the associated third parties unless you explicitly click on them.
11. RELEASE OF YOUR DATA FOR LEGAL PURPOSES
At times it may become necessary or desirable to Queerwell, for legal purposes, to release your information in response to a request from a government agency or a private litigant. You agree that we may disclose your information to a third party where we believe, in good faith, that it is desirable to do so for the purposes of a civil action, criminal investigation, or other legal matter. In the event that we receive a subpoena affecting your privacy, we may elect to notify you to give you an opportunity to file a motion to quash the subpoena, or we may attempt to quash it ourselves, but we are not obligated to do either. We may also proactively report you, and release your information to, third parties where we believe that it is prudent to do so for legal reasons, such as our belief that you have engaged in fraudulent activities. You release us from any damages that may arise from or relate to the release of your information to a request from law enforcement agencies or private litigants.
Any passing on of personal data for legal purposes will only be done in compliance with laws of the country you reside in.
13. EFFECT OF POLICY
14. PROTECTED HEALTH INFORMATION POLICY
- This notice describes how medical information about you may be used and disclosed and how you may access this information.
- Queerwell promises to only use your health information for treatment and assisting you. In some instances we may use information in your record to assess the care and outcomes in your case and others like it. This information will be used in an effort to continually improve the quality and effectiveness of the mental health care services we provide.
- You have the right to restrict the use and disclosure of your health information or to revoke your consent. We will comply whenever possible and except to the extent that we have already taken action in reliance on your consent. You have the right to request that we communicate with you via alternative means or location.
- You have the right to request, in any way, to amend any information in your record. If we cannot comply, we will include your request, statement and our refusal in your record.
- Only the minimum amount of information necessary to accomplish the intended purpose will be disclosed.
- Your records will be kept confidential except under certain circumstances, when authorized by law, rules or regulations. It is important to understand that there are specific times when we are required to report certain information. We have listed the most common situations. Please note that this is not a complete list as laws change and new ones are adopted.
- Release to a legally authorized representative: parent, guardian, durable power of attorney, etc.
- Outside governmental agencies may review Queerwell’s records to be sure we are meeting their standards. Examples include: Department of Health, Department of Social Development
- Queerwell is required by law to report any suspicion of physical abuse, sexual abuse and/or neglect of children, the elderly and/or incapacitated adults.
- Statements made to our health professionals may be disclosed for the purpose of commitment hearings.